Battery Park City is home to three dog runs. We have tried to create pleasant places for both people and their canine companions. All of the dog runs provide seating for people, water fountains for all and shade. The runs are long enough for dogs to be able to chase balls and get some real exercise. In addition, they are all hard surface to allow BPCPC staff can clean them thoroughly. As long as the temperature is above freezing Battery Park City’s dog runs are washed twice every day and disinfected at least once a week.
+ The North End Avenue Island Dog Run
+ The Sirius Dog Run
The Sirius Dog Run at Kowsky Plaza was created to accommodate the large numbers of dogs who live in the Gateway Plaza complex. Others are welcome, of course. While small it is extremely popular.
+ The West Thames Street Dog Run
The West Thames Street (located just South of West Thames at Little West Street) includes separate spaces for large and small dogs as well as benches, shade structures and trees on both sides.
Please observe the following rules to make sure that both you and your dog are safe and that the dog runs are happy places for everyone.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- The Battery Park City dog runs are intended for non-aggressive dogs.
- Aggressive dogs must exit the dog run if other dogs approach the run.
- Dogs must be unleashed and leashed in the entrance areas.
- Dogs in heat are not allowed.
- Dogs may not be tied up within the run.
- Clean up after your dog.
- Be considerate of your neighbors, keep noise to a minimum.
- If a dog is barking after 9PM please exit the run.